Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Passion and Interest

The career that you will eventually end up with, should not be something you dread doing with all of your heart. I don't necessarily think that you have to be fully passionate and enthralled with your job, but I do think that it needs to be something that interests you, and something you enjoy spending your time doing. Most likely you're going to be spending a large portion of your life at work, so why not make it worth while. I also believe that if you are passionate about your job you'll work harder and produce something a lot more meaningful overall. On that note, when I grow up and have a real career, as of now I hope to be a Speech Pathologist. Next year I will hopefully be attending the University of Toronto (fingers crossed!) to start the long path towards it. I will be taking a 4 year General Arts and Science Program, taking various linguistics and phonetics courses. During those 4 years I will need to be volunteering to work with a certified speech pathologist to gain experience. After those 4 years have been completed I will apply for entrance to a 3 year Masters Program in Speech Pathology to become certified to have my own patients. It will be a very long journey, but one that will hopefully be rewarding. Speech Pathology is not necessarily something that I am extremely passionate about, but it is something that sparks a very large interest in me. I eventually want to have a family and this is a job that has a schedule that can work very well to accommodate motherly needs. As well as good hours, I think that it would be a very rewarding job. It is a lot like being a teacher, except you only deal with one child at a time which is much better suited for me, and my patience. I hope that Speech Pathology will be a career that I love spending my time pursuing and performing, if not I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment